Monday, November 23, 2009

angry soccer fans,christmas lights,and teaching english







Another week has gone by in the blink of an eye. I think everyone is starting to realize that we only have a short amount of time left before we are separated by thousands of miles, however of course we will have free texting again! Because of Thanksgiving and finals we had our “Final Dinner” this week. It was at this beautiful banquet hall. There was a huge chandelier and the walls were decorated in gold architecture and there was even coat check! We had a 4 course meal with an appetizer, risotto, meat, and dessert! Yummy!

This weekend my Italian Literature teacher invited my friend Patricia and I to help her teach English in San Casciano (about 30 minutes away from the center of Florence). San Casciano was beautiful. It over looked mountain after mountain and the air you breathe was so much cleaner from where I live. We taught two groups of kids. The first age group was around 10 years and the second group was much younger, around 7 years. I was so impressed with the kids. They all seem to enjoy learning a new language and study hard. After teaching the kids, Debora took us to a pizza restaurant. They made it in the fire stone ovens and it was delicious! We met her daughter and she invited us over to her house for this coming weekend!

Later that night I went to another soccer game, but this time the Florentine fans were pissed!!! We lost to Parma and they were not happy about it, even the kid in my video is flipping of the officials. Everyone was yelling and screaming, the guy next to me was hitting his chair. I was laughing and recording it all!

Sunday I spent the afternoon studying for finals and working on a presentation and a power point!

Florence has the cutest Christmas lights set up. The picture of the lights is basically my street!Its soooo cute and makes me so excited for Christmas!

Cookies- these are my favorite Italian cookies. I eat them too much but they are amazing, everyone who tries them loves them!

This week: 2 finals, thanksgiving, Christmas shopping, and finishing up sight seeing in Firenze!!!

1 comment:

  1. aww the lights, soooo pretty!
    dad will be leaving next Tues! I can't believe it! Bring home some of those yummy looking cookies. What an awesome thing to go and work with the kids, with your teacher!! You have made so many new friends and had the trip of a lifetime, I am so proud of you!
    love,
    mom

    ReplyDelete