Tuesday, December 1, 2009

For you Mom...






My mom wrote me a letter telling me I was neglecting my blog... so here it goes!

My last weekend with the wonderful friends I have made while traveling Europe, growing up, and gaining independence. We decided to do things that we had wanted to do all semester but never got around to it. We went to Fiesole which is a small town right outside the center with an unbelievable view of Florence and Tuscan landscape. It was surreal. As the sun was setting, I couldn't help but laugh and be thankful for all that has come my way during the past 3 and half months. I sat with girls who I will be so sad to leave. We were pretty much family the past 3 and half months. We were honest, fun, changed together and I know I will see them again.

We also went to the Palazzo Vecchio (Old Palace) where we saw the secret passage ways of the Medici family from the Middle Ages. VERY COOL! If you ever come to Florence make sure you do this!

Almost everyone is getting ready to go home and i still have a good 3 weeks to go! My Dad comes tomorrow! I haven't seen him in 3 and half months! I am so excited to share this journey with him and take him to the best gelato he will ever have! Being able to travel with my Dad is a dream come true and I know I will remember this forever. We have many long trains and tourist things that we want to see. Please pray for our safe travels.

I haven't taken many pictures in the past week. Everyone has their camera out all the time and I was really just trying to enjoy conversation and our times together. I have also been studying for finals, cleaning up my apartment, reading, and packing! wiiierrddd!

Thanksgiving wasn't the same, but I cant complain. We had a 3 course meal and even had pumpkin pie ( not as good as Costco haha). They brought a massive turkey and cut it in front of us! I missed everyone very much, but am so thankful that I will be home for Christmas.

Ciao!!!

2 comments:

  1. BABBBBYYYY!!!!
    I am so happy for you, it sounds like you have had so much fun. i know your journey is almost over, but have fun the last couple weeks you are there. your dad comes to visit today! i am so excited for you! i cant wait for you two to meet for the first time in two months.
    and im so jealous that you got to go to the SUPER SECRET underground tunnel, you are like a secret agent. haha. at least thats what i would feel like. haha i cant wait for you to come home baby, its almost christmas! christmas lights!!! hot chocolate, hugs, woohooo!!!!
    love youuu!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhh, you know I was hoping for a blog...and I looked and there it was, yahoo!!
    dad left this morning at 2:40 am.!! my guess is he is landing in Rome very soon, then onto a train to Florence! Then off to find that McDonalds where he will find YOU!!! I wish I was a fly on the wall to see the hugs and kisses. After a good nap, he'll be ready to rock and roll. I can't wait to hear about his adventures as you show him around "your" part of the world for the last 4 months!!
    Sarah and I will get the house ready for Christmas, the fire will be going and the cookies in the oven when you get home on the 20th!
    actually, no...cause I will be picking you both up at LAX, so I'll start the fire when we all get home.
    love, mom
    P.S. maybe we should make a "flat popsidoodle"

    ReplyDelete