Friday, October 30, 2009

So happy togetherrrrr

ERIC COMES TO ITALY!






























I can’t believe Eric has already come and is on his way back to California. Seeing him at the train station was one of the greatest moments I have ever had. It was so incredible to be able to make him apart of my life here in Florence as well as discover Paris together, not to mention he brought me all sorts of goodies from home like clothes and food (thanks mom!) After spending a day in Florence it was already time for our journey to Paris! Eric needed to see the leaning tower of Pisa so we made a pit stop on our way to the air port, he agrees that it leans way more in real life! Then it was off to France. That sentence makes it seem so simple, but there were buses, planes, and more buses, and of course the metro! Eric brought a whole tub of peanut butter and had it thrown away because they consider it a liquid and you are only allowed 3.5 ounces and it was 40 ounces, I laughed very hard, he did not think this was funny… Paris was everything people said it was going to be: beautiful, charming, confusing, romantic. We were quite the tourists! The first day: The Louvre, Arc De Triomphe, and the Eiffel Tower at night (my favorite), and hurt feet! We spent hours in the Louvre and even saw the Mona Lisa! The Eiffel Tower was insane. First off, its massive, and the way it lights up, is perfection. We went up on top of it and Eric bought me a rose! Awwww what a guy J The second day: we spent the day in Versailles. We went to the Palace and the Garden. It was unreal. There were chandeliers everywhere, statues, and gold everything. The King was living the life. The garden was enormous and so pretty. We spent about 2 hours just walking through it, taking pictures, and laughing together. There was a water show, that was apparently a big deal because everyone stopped to watch it (That’s how you know when you don’t do all of your research J). While you walk through the garden, they have classical music playing which makes it even better! We ended the evening with a night boat cruise on the Seine River. We got to see the Notre Dame, Eiffel Tower, Congress Building, The tunnel where Princess Diana died L, a Hotel where Mozart and Voltaire used to stay at, the Louvre, and some museums. It was really fun, but I was shivering on the tip of the boat!! The third day: we went to Sacre Coeur. It is a church that over looks Paris and is located in this cute little town with a bunch of shops and artists. We spent some time just watching this man play his guitar and people watching!

We ate cheap but it is worthy mentioning that we tried: crepes, a banana and chocolate one and a ham and cheese (YUMMMMYYY), a true French croissant, and French hot chocolate. We were very satisfied with all of our food purchases J

When we got back to Florence there was so much more for him to see and do! I took him to see the real statue of David in The Academia Museum; we climbed the steps of the Duomo (463 yikesss), shopping at San Lorenzo Market, Erics attempts to speak Italian, made dinner together with some of my new skills from class, sat on the Santa Trinta Bridge facing the Ponte Vecchio with a bag of yummy truffles, and saw the city after climbing up to Piazza Michelangelo. Eric came to one of my classes with me where we watched an Italian film! He came out to dinner with my friends and I, where they finally got to meet their face book friend and the boy I told stories about! We went to yummy dinners; thanks to my meal vouchers and Eric had his first real Italian gelato!

We had so much fun and laughed a lot. Im so blessed he was able to come out here and just to have him in my life. It truly was a breathe of fresh air. It was nice to see a face from home and walk down the streets holding his hand. I hope you like the pictures and hopefully the videos make you laugh because we watched them over and over and thought they were hilarious! I love you cub!!

Other news: I got an A on all my mid terms yahoooo!! And the new apartment is great. I have already gone to seen Tosca 3 times (Eric met her too). Because of her situation she didn’t even remember who I was one of the times, so I think it was the best decision for us to leave, but I still think she is awesome!

5 comments:

  1. I think I am in love with you two!!! love it.. hope you two lovebirds had an amazing time! Becky, I love you and miss you sooo much <3. I am getting ready in my halloween costume tonight and hope you are doing the same. Can't wait to hear from you. love and kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is my favorite blog! i wonder why. a little bias i guess. baby i loved coming to see you, and as fast as it came, it went way to soon. i wish i could have stayed with you longer. but we had SOOOOOO much fun. so many memories i will carry forever. i love you so much i cant wait for you to come home! keep having fun, and bundle up! its starting to get pretty cold over there! honestly though, i dont think ive been on a better adventure with you. well africa was a good one. but whos counting? heehee. i love you with all my heart. stay safe boog.

    koob

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pics, especially the one of Eric with the coins in his hands. I hope that you will take your pics and make a really great book with them!
    Just think, 1 month and dad will be there and you can show him around and go on more adventures! I know, not quite like having your boyfriend there but dad is a pretty cool guy too.
    we ordered the Christmas tree, it will beset up and waiting for you when you get home! keep the pics and blog writings coming! we all enjoy reading of your adventures!
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. im like tearing up, i love you guys so much. <3<3

    ReplyDelete
  5. p.s. post more videos!!!!!! i loveeeeeee watching them <3<3<3

    love youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu becksssssssssss

    ReplyDelete