Saturday, October 10, 2009

good or bad news first?

Bad news first: I found out that my host mom, Tosca has not been on vacation at all. She had, to what i understand through broken english, a brain aneurysm. Meghan, a woman that works from my school, and I went to the hospital to visit her. I felt so terrible for not knowing this whole time, but I dont know how I could have possibly known. She seemed pretty out of it at first, but was still rockin pink hair and gold shoes in the hospital. I dont want to be a burden on their family when they should be taking care of her, not us. Someone may come and live with us to take care of her, which leaves us with the possiblity of having to move. This news cam pretty sudden, and with mid terms, papers, and both of us have visitors coming, we may just see how it goes. Please pray for Tosca and her family, they have all been so great to us.

BETTER: Things that i found funny about my week....
1. I walk by the same man every morning who sells paintings and he always calls me Shakira... maybe its the hair or our similiar body types (haha)... im gonna go with the hair... anyways i laugh everytime he calls me that

2. I went to karaoke last night with my italian friends and somehow i found myself on stage singing "Fallin" by Alicia Keys with Meghan.... it was a room full of italians. There may a video coming soon or maybe just picture depending on how bad the video is. I dont think we were the best singers but we got a lot of sympathy cheers!

Other:
I went to the Galleria Accademia and saw the real statue of David! It was HUGE!!! It looked so real! I loved it :)

I went to cooking class. I honestly dont remember the names of the stuff we made but it was sooooo yummy and we made ice cream! I have the recipe, so you may even be lucky enough to have me cook for you some day!


1 comment:

  1. BABY BOOOG! im sorry to hear about tosca, i really hope she pulls through, i still stick with my initial advise though, and i think you should find another place. :/ i just dont want all that to be hard on you and be a burden. and i think Tosca needs this time to be with her family. but we love tosca! and as for the funny stuff, i liked reading that you are shakira. and that you sang at kareoke! you never told me that. well probably cuz we havent talked since like yesterday morning or something. alwell. and i want to see the statue of david no matter what when i come. isnt it big??? haha. i think if i made him i would make him life size. but noooo Michelangelo had to one up every one. any way, i love you to the moon and back, and i will be there soon to give you a big hug!
    love ya!
    Eric

    ReplyDelete