Monday, December 7, 2009

Popsiedoodle comes to Europe!










When I first saw my dad at the train station it was sooooo weird! I was so happy to see him! He was exhauuussted though. He had some troubles with his passport a couple of days before he left and had a very long journey to get to Florence. I immediately started to show him around. We started at my favorite pizza place, Gusta Pizza! He needed some good food and thats what Italians do best, eat! I showed him around my school, my apartment and my favorite places to be and to eat. He did some tourist things while i finished up finals. He went to the Duomo, the Palazzo Vecchio, and the Accademia to see the David. We then had to get started on planning our adventure. We headed to the train station. It didnt exactly turn out the way we had hoped and we left a day earlier than expected.

Paris was the one place that Dad HAD to come to, he said "im not coming all the way to Europe to not go to Paris" so it was settled, that would be our first stop! We took the night train to Paris, the aka " sleeper train" however neither one of us got much sleep.! We arrived in Paris in the morning and found our hotel. It is located on a cute a busy street with lots of fruit venders! My favorite! We fought through our exhaustion and went to the Arc de Triomphe and the Eiffel Tower! Dad was very impressed, we even called Mom while standing on the top of the Arc! We figured out our trains to Berlin and to Prague and are still waiting to book our train back to Italy. Its definitely an adventure! Yesterday we went to the Louvre and to Notre Dame! I have had so much fun using my Dads camera, its sooooo much better than mine so I am little snap happy!

Please pray for us! Dad needs rest! We are taking an "off day" so that he can rest up before we get to Berlin. I hope you like the pictures, more to come but its hard to say when since we are moving around so much! We love you!!!

2 comments:

  1. ahhhhh, I LOVE the pictures!
    I guess I did not understand that you had to cut your stay 1 night short in Florence, bummer..hopefully you can make it up at the end of your time. You are a good tour guide for dad, I can ust imagine the funny jokes and strange voices that you are doing for him! Paul--make sure you get some rest and eat well! We are fine in the OC, the tree is up, the lights are hung and the house is decorated. Sarah and I are holding down the fort. The only thing that you 2 need to do is HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!! Please take some pictures together, you need to do that!!

    okay bye, we miss you and love you...keep the blogs coming!
    love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. it sounds like you are having so much fun! i am glad you get to experience all this with you dad, i think it means a lot. get some sleep you two, im sorry that it hasnt been easy. sleep is very important over there, so much walking!!!
    i LOVE the Paul store i thought that was funny haha. these pictures are great. well i love reading these so keep writing them! i know you are busy all the time so just do it when you can. come home soon!!!! oh wait, you are!! woohoooo!!!
    love eric

    ReplyDelete