Tuesday, August 18, 2009

All my bags are packed, Im ready to go


I cant believe tomorrow is August 19th, the day I have been talking about for months.  I have talked to so many people about Italy and different parts of Europe, I don't know if I could be given any more advice.  Two days ago I was blessed to have family and friends over for a goodbye celebration. We ate meatballs, caprese, pasta, salad, bread, lasagna, more pasta, and cheesecake! yummy :) I cant wait to taste the Italian versions of what we consider Italian food, assuming that its slightly better! I was able to take in more advice, listen to stories from my grandpa, cousin, and friends from their experiences in Europe, and after feeding everyone, sit back and enjoy how truly blessed I am to have each person in my life.  My Mom and Dad have been nothing but supportive during this process, my sister always giving me encouraging words ( she keeps telling me to stick her in my suit case), Eric has been so selfless, and my friends are excited knowing I'm doing something I have dreamt about doing.  Id be lying if I said I wasn't scared or nervous at all. Lets be honest LAX is a huge airport and can be VERY intimidating. But my fears turn into excitement, because when I am scared, its something I have never done and that's what this is all about.  I plan to learn a lot, both in my classes and just by living in a different country.  I will do my best to "live it up" as Americans would say and enjoy every taste, smell, and sight.  I will pray constantly and would ask that you would do the same.  I will try to take advantage of every chance I get. I will learn the bus system, walk a lot, understand euros, and I will come back knowing a decent amount of Italian. And I will miss everyone.  

Tomorrow I will fly to London and stay for about 3 days. The Tower Bridge, The London Eye, tiny cars, Buckingham Palace. My tourist A game will be on! 
"Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to loose sight of the shore"
~Andre Gide



1 comment:

  1. let the adventures begin! be smart, be sweet, be curious and be brave my little one! can't wait to hear how London is! I am sure you will try to make a Palace guard laugh, I bet he will too!
    Rock the scarves and all of those "non touristy" clothes that are crammed n your suitcase.
    Take your meds, eat gelato every day and please remember to go to your classes....that is another reason why you are there :)
    love mom

    ReplyDelete